How cPGuard protects in your websites?
Reliable protection of your site from hacking.This is one of the first questions that will raise when someone decides to try cPGuard on their servers. The answer is not simple and it needs to be explained from top to bottom as the protection is offered at multiple levels.
So let us check what all protection that cPGuard offers
- Malicious file uploads/updates
- Web attacks/exploits
- Incoming Spam Emails and IP/Domain Reputation Checks
- Extensive Reports
1. Malicious File uploads/updates
This is one of the common problems that every website owner is facing and affecting website reliability and integrity. This happens most commonly because of any exploits open in the website, compromised user account, or logins or possibly due to a compromised account hosted in the same shared environment. So to detect the malicious file contents, cPGuard has multiple layers of file scanning options to make sure that every file is passed through our scanner engine.
- Layer 1 HTTP Upload Scanner:- This is the first level of file scanning if the file is uploaded/updated via Web. So whenever a file is uploaded using your website, it will pass through the scanner engine. We carefully manage this step to scan only relevant files and in case we detect any malicious pattern for which we do not have any definition, we will scan ti through our central system and take necessary actions.
- Layer 2 Automatic Scanner:- This is the second level of scanning, which can catch any files updated/uploaded regardless of how it is done. We monitor the operation of the files to fetch the list of files to monitor and pass it through the scan engine. Since we monitor only website files and process them as batches, this consumes a very small amount of server resources and takes very little time to complete the scan compared to the competition.
- Layer 3 Weekly automatic scan:- We run a weekly scanner to scan all files updated/uploaded in the last 7 days and scan them. This helps to ensure that all recent files are analyzed based on our constantly updated virus database and thus fetch new types of attacks even if they can bypass initially.
- Layer 4 manual scan:- This is the last layer of scanner which needs manual intervention to start the scan against a defined target. This can help to find all new/old malicious files under the targeted path and help to create custom reports.
So the multi-layer file scanning that you can flexibly enable on your server ( you can customize each based on your preference from cPGuard Settings ) can scan all types of file changes on your server and take action on them. There is also a file auto-clean option using which you can attempt to clean files automatically and restore them to the original location, and it can prevent website outage due to core files infection.
2. Web attacks/exploits
This is the WAF layer that actually helps to mitigate most of the attacks before it reaches your Web Applications. Our WAF is powered by Malware.Experts Commercial WAF rules and cPGuard ModSec rules. In this layer, it has multiple components to mitigate varieties of web attacks.
- The WAF Integration:- It is the core WAF rules enabling that you can do from settings and it will load the core rules into your web server. This ruleset contains the mitigation rules for generic attacks, some latest CVEs reported, targeted CMS attacks ( WordPress, Joomla, etc ). We always recommend you to enable this and it can protect your websites from many web attacks.
- Brute-force protection:- This module protects your websites from brute-force attacks against the defined URLs. This can effectively monitor the real IPs and block them if they cross the access threshold.
- Scanner Rules under WAF :- When you enable this rules set, it will protect your websites from common abusive botnets. It can save server resources and unnecessary processing of the requests.
- Webshell Rules under WAF :- These rules can stop processing any web shells if they are already uploaded ot your websites. This is a highly sensitive rules set and we do not recommend it unless you have complete control across all the websites on the server
- Captcha Protection under WAF :- This module protects your websites from brute-force attacks against the defined URLs. This can greatly reduce your server load and protect your websites from abusive accesses.
The multiple protection layers in HTTP can protect your websites from most generic and common attacks and sources. We constantly monitor the Web abuses reported by WAF from our centralized system and making adjustments accordingly to increase the protection level.
3. Incoming Spam Emails and IP/Domain Reputation Checks
cPGuard helps to reduce Incoming Spam Emails using the SRBL system which uses an intelligent algorithm to check all incoming email sources and find whether they are abusive or not and take actions accordingly. This can stop emails from now abusive IPs and thus reduce the incoming spam email count.
Additionally the systems helps to keep rack of the IPs/Domains on the server and check whether they are listed in major blacklists. It will alert you promptly when there is a blacklist detected and helps to take note of the total server reputation. You can even choose to suspend an account when a domain is blacklisted and it can save your IPs from being blocked in SEO and search engines.
4. Extensive Reports and Notifications
cPGuard produces a lot of reports and notifications which can give an overview of the total attacks against your server and security issues for particular accounts. There is more graphical representation of the web/virus attacks per day or certain period and the notifications are instant to alert you about recent attacks. You can flexibly turn on/off certain notifications and define the email addresses to which that you want to receive alerts.
The protection is not limited to above points….
Yes, the software offers more protection like automated Rootkit scanning, CSF integration, wp-cron.php job mangement, etc to ensure smooth managemrn tand security on your server. We constantly add more features, enhance the exisiting features and do everything that we can to deliver the best services to our customers.
If you really think that cPGuard can improve in any certain point by adding or enhancing any feature, please feel free to reach us and we will do every possible things to meet the requirements.
Advantages and features of CPGuard
- Innovative technologies allow programs to eliminate additional problems at all levels: from code verification to blocking malicious requests to the server.
- User-friendly interface and clear reporting system.
- Ability to work manually. Add unnecessary objects to the blacklist yourself if you are sure of their threat.
- Xmlprc.php attack protection
- Integration of additional protection screens that can be used as a kind of support for the main functionality of the program: WAF, domain reputation.
- Regularly updated anti-virus databases.
- CPanel interface allowing end users to scan their directories.
- Daily reports.
How to protect your site from hackers and scammers?
A time has passed when scammers hacked sites for entertainment – web pages are now a powerful asset, and the goal of any hacker attack is to make money. Attempts to hack the site are made in order to gain profit or test your resource for vulnerability.
There are many ways to steal confidential information. Outdated versions of scripts, modules, weak passwords, outdated software on the server. Hacker attacks and data leaks are possible due to the use of unreliable hosting – any mistake can cost you money and reputation. The owner may not suspect fraud – until they demand a ransom from him or complaints about spam mails are poured.
Increasing demand for expensive antivirus programs and proprietary applications creates a new trend among developers – the creation of multi-level programs to protect the site. Of course, nothing perfect happens, but we have already managed to combine all the advantages of various programs in one – this is CPGuard.
Powerful antivirus and more
CPGuard – server add-on to protect sites from hacking and information leakage. The program is running Cpanel.
A variety of functionalities provides multilevel site protection. While competitors focus on solving a specific problem, the developers of CPGuard have combined many useful and convenient programs into one capacious application.
Interface features help CPGuard quickly navigate the code, find malicious content, and eliminate it. Moreover:
- Powerful malware scanner with cloud automatic cleaning. The function independently examines the server for the presence of extraneous files, checks them and removes suspicious content. Viruses, trojans, shell scripts and threatening programs will not get to the server.
- Comprehensive intrusion detection and prevention and domain reputation management. The algorithm of the program works on the principle of different types of analysis: roughly speaking, this is a study of the server and analytics of possible dangers with troubleshooting.
- Online antivirus. Dangerous content is deleted immediately after entering the server, suspicious files are sent to quarantine – a special repository for files that are possibly infected. They will not pose a threat to the server. The updated version works smoothly for more than a year and guarantees protection against malfunctions and false positives – the necessary files will definitely not end up in the trash.
- Cleaning user files. Crackers enter an additional block in the code, which leaves links to the redirect and makes it possible to re-infect .. Most programs are not able to detect extraneous code. But CPGuard has its own mechanisms for protection – it analyzes the page for the presence of extraneous and dangerous blocks, replaces or removes them.
- Fix vulnerabilities in WordPress, Joomla, Drupal. Outdated versions of commonly used CMS are at risk. The program closes all vulnerabilities and protects the “admin panel” and confidential blocks from password guessing.
- Web Application Firewall. WAF is a web application and PWA firewall that is used to block hacker attacks. Protects the website from SQL injection, shell startup, prevents file uploads through vulnerabilities. An additional feature that guarantees safety.
- Protection against brute force attacks. CPguard compiles its own blacklist based on in-depth analysis.
- Spam protection. Spam mailings and notifications are a problem not only for the average user, but also for the owner of a large online store or developer. The RBL DNS scanner automatically checks server IP addresses against blacklists in real time and sends notifications to administrators about blacklisted IP addresses.
- General Apache and PHP rules. Advanced filtering, security and intrusion protection for websites and PHP applications.